• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

blandy

Maniflow Gti6 4-2-1

blandy

Has anyone got experience with the manifold race 4-2-1 manifold for the gti6 engined 205 but with a sarchshift fitted?

Miles

The race manifold doesn't fit a std car without mods as they do state in the add, how much they do not say but the race one should be like the 306 one which is huge so a fair bit of the bulkhead would need to be sorted out, I know again the std 205 ones they do which is another reason I sorted out my own 205 manifolds is the fit is not great, hang's down below the sub frame as the 2 I know both hit the bulkhead too so they spent more locally to get it sorted out.

On the basic manifold as per the Mi16 I know Henry on here runs the set up OK

blandy

Thanks

What do gti6 people run manifold wise then? Or better still at what point is the standard manifold needed to be changed.

Reason I'm looking is my old 306 gti6 with a miles manifold (long one) standard cams with Jenveys made virtually same power on same dyno as my current 205 gti6 with Jenveys and new,an ph2 cams but with standard manifold so decided clearly the manifold made a good difference

Miles

Looks at James post on his late 205 with RR info from Northampton, with the std 4-2-1, I know these work well on Mi's but seem to be fine on 6's too

johniban

I have the mainflow gti6 - 205 non race mani, fits perfectly, ive got standard linkage though, its VERY close to the rear bar on the subframe though

camgti

No need to change it until you really need to. PeterT is running a fair ampunt of Hp (240?) through his.

Spend money on a diff/torsions bars/cams/ tyres etc. Lots of money for small gains if any on a stabdard motor.

blandy

Thats a good point and was going to be my next question as i know the supercharged boys run standard to high 300's but that is forced induction.

Ive got everything you listed even as far as a mild cam and throttle boddies running around 200 so almost looking towards whats next i.e would a manifold give me worthwhile gains or would i be better putting the £500 or so towards the next stage of engine work (forged)

camgti

The next step would be pistons to riaise the CR and also to allow for bigger cams.

As the pistons have such shallow cutouts it really limits your options to run wilder cams and take full use if your throttle bodies IMO.

The pistons wont be cheap and you will be to pull the otor down to do so. They will allow you to run more HP for sure. Your head will need work before the manifold stops breathing properly.

What gearbox are you running? A shorter FD will make a noticable difference but alas will be revvy on the motorway.

Cam

petert

The GTi6 headers are 1.5" primaries, 23" long, 2.5" collector. If you do the calcs., they're a bit small for a 7500-8000 2L engine but obviously do a great job for their intended purpose. As Cam said, there's a lot of things I'd change before the headers however.

Miles

They do seem to help power either the road or race spec ones, The one on my Std 6 engine in my 306 with my Race spec manifold went like stink compared with all other's I have driven, Had good results with the std fitting 4-2-1 as well so theory isn;t always right

petert

Yes, I definitely need to bigger pipes on mine. I'm sure they're strangling it.

blandy

Has anyone fitted a miles manifold yet with a satchshift? With my engine out now would be the perfect time to fit a manifold if It'll fit with a satchshift that is?

Castorkid

Pics of my 205 gti6 with Miles re-angled manifold with Satchshift.

post-21559-0-09540500-1478194634_thumb.jpg

post-21559-0-37203400-1478194642_thumb.jpg

post-21559-0-49801100-1478194646_thumb.jpg

Edited by Castorkid

blandy

That's brilliant thank you. Looks like I know what I'm buying next

Anthony

Unless I'm missing something, isn't that just the standard GTi-6 manifold and you were wanting pictures of the Miles/Pug Racing 4-2-1 Maniflow style manifold with a Satchshift?

blandy

Ah yes lol yeah it's the 4-2-1 I'm after I already have a reangled manifold

welshpug

looking at it there's less intrusion than a standard shifter linkage and both rods are well to the left of the tunnel.

Miles

I'm sure Henry although a Mi has this manifold and S Shift without issues, I know he's got one as I had to rebuild his gearbox after he fitted it

woodymi16

Has anyone fitted a miles manifold yet with a satchshift? With my engine out now would be the perfect time to fit a manifold if It'll fit with a satchshift that is?

I don't have a pic for you but I have a Pugracing manifold on my 1.9MI and a Satchshift and there are no issues with clearance anywhere.

blandy

What's the current price miles?

blandy

Just to follow up on this one. I'm now fitting one of miles 4-2-1 manifolds.

Where it will join the exhaust system is 2.25".

My system is a bit odd as is 2.5" centre and a 2.25" rear box so needs addressing.

Would I be better mating the 2.5" centre and changing the rear box to 2.5" or would I be more benificial changing the lot to 2.25" although with that concern is when is 2.25" to small?

Engine is

Gti6 with Newman ph2 cams

Jenvey 45's with satchell inlet

petert

2.25" is probably big enough for 220hp, provided it's mandrel bent. I'd probably make it all new 2.5" regardless.

blandy

Yeah that was my gut feeling. I need to measure up today but I think I can get a 2.5" compensator https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/jetex-2-5-inch-compensator-u056300

Which if the doughnut part is the same size as on my manifold I can ensure it's 2.5" all the way through along with changing the rear box, Or is that just a little ott?

Or I could fit a stepped 2.25-2.5" from my manifold into the system would be around £30 cheaper so not mega money either way and would technically be saving as I'll be reusing 1/2 my exhaust system by going to 2.5"

Tguedes98
On 6/19/2016 at 10:16 PM, Miles said:

The race manifold doesn't fit a std car without mods as they do state in the add, how much they do not say but the race one should be like the 306 one which is huge so a fair bit of the bulkhead would need to be sorted out, I know again the std 205 ones they do which is another reason I sorted out my own 205 manifolds is the fit is not great, hang's down below the sub frame as the 2 I know both hit the bulkhead too so they spent more locally to get it sorted out.

On the basic manifold as per the Mi16 I know Henry on here runs the set up OK

Hi Mate!

Regarding PH2 cams, do you have a graph of the dyno? I'm thinking in buying a set of these cams for my 306, but I would like to have a torquy engine, not a peak power one! I'd like for the rev range to remain stock and make peak power beforee 6500 rpm!

Can you recommend these cams for my needs? 

Many thanks, cheers