• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
murtaghp

Paint - How Much And What Colour

murtaghp

Hi All,

I'm currently tidying up the rear quarter panel and sill on my car and i'm at the point where I need to order some paint.

I have a 1990 PH2 1.9 in Black and i presume the code i'm looking for is P3XY

I have looked through various websites including the stick thread on this page and i'm a bit confused on the correct paint for my car.

I have found one site that lists two colours under the same code, one is called Noir Embassy Black with a code of 1600 and the other is Noir Onyx 1660 my gut feeling is the 1660 one but I just wanted a general consensus.

My next question is the type, I presumed my was a solid colour that did not require a clear coat but looking at some of the information on the web, the P3 part suggests I need to lacquer it once the paint is on, any ideas?

And finally, how much paint do you think I will need to cover the quarter panel and sill with two coats.

Many Thanks

dobboy

If you get a sharp nail, put a very small scratch on the top of the paint (obviously somewhere discreet, behind a bit of plastic trim?), and see if it's clear coat or solid that flakes off.

Iirc my car took 2litres, so you'll be looking at 1/4litre, but prob best buying 1/2 litre for what it costs. Obviously you'll also need thinners etc too.

Not sure about the black paint codes but, in the case of white paint codes,

P0WT - base coat and lacquer

EWT - Solid white

So you are probably correct assuming P3 means it's a base coat and lacquer, if that is your code.

Edited by dobboy

murtaghp

Thanks for the info.