• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

forbeslongden

Oddometer Increased Miles By 100,000!

forbeslongden

Hey guys, I was working on my Mum's 1.6 GTi the other evening and it was sat at around 103,000 miles and once it clocked over to 104,000 it added another 100,000 on the clock! What on Earth has caused this? Naturally this may raise eyebrows with the insurance company if it's rounding the mileage up to the nearest 100,000 ha!

Anthony

Been clocked badly in the past would be my guess.

pug_ham

Been clocked badly in the past would be my guess.

I'd say the same, been badly clocked previously.

Easily fixed by dismantling the clocks but it does mean the car's mileage is now an estimate, although you can find out what it has done when you take the clocks apart to correct it.

g

forbeslongden

Ideal, thanks chaps! I assume when it had an engine transplant in years past, someone wound the meter back. Tut tut.

toolie72

When you take clock out remove the steel pin-maybe not been done and "forced" in the past

Maybe it was done for a genuine reason in past-not always to fool people-I changed my clocks and actually put mileage ON the replacement clock to bring it up to the real mileage-maybe that's been done to your mams car (well we live in hope don't we)