• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Takentoxs

Very Bad Vibrations At All Speeds

Takentoxs

I've just bought a 205 xs. I haven't driven it myself but u will need to drive it from N Wakes to Southampton. My dad has just collected it and described very bad vibrations all the time. This suggests to me it is not a wheel balance thing. What could it be? TCA? Engine mount? Drive shaft? Your suggestions and ideas welcome.

• Like 1

Anthony

Does it vibrate all the time or just under load? The later could well be a failed inner CV joint.

toolie72

Yeh I burst one 45 miles from home once!!-I followed a farmer in a pickup so I didn't have to boot it

One of the three lugs? Had cracked and needle rollers fell out

I'd defo spend some time checking it out before taking it home, might be something daft after all

Takentoxs

Might buy a couple of driveshafts to take up. If u don't use them I can sell them on. If I take up engine top mount and a pair of tcas I should have all the bases covered. How long would it take to swap that lot over?

mikeyd

not something like a tyre starting to blister on tread or go out of round [worst on cheap/perished tyres ] ? ? that does not disappear like a wheel balance issue

dcc

I think I have 2 xs shafts I will have to check

welshpug

check the wheel bolts!

Takentoxs

I have quizzed my dad a bit more. Sounds like it is drive shafts, cruising in neutral the vibrations disappear and reappear when drive is engaged

toolie72

Of course if your dads like mine (new car every 2yrs) any 205s gonna have a lot if vibration/noise/road noise/wind noise/heavy steering etcetc

steve@cornwall

Of course the ma chocolate gearbox may be about to grenade