• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

Mi16 Servo Removal

Ryan

Is there an easy trick to removing the servo with an Mi16 in the way? Besides undoing the upper and lower engine mounts and dropping the engine down.

I've removed the master cylinder and undone the four bolts holding the servo to the pedal bracket and the pin to the brake pedal, but there just doesn't seem to be enough space to wiggle it out.

yeti-dj

hello,

last time I did this I just undid the top engine mount and pulled the engine as far forward as it would go

enjoy

DrSarty

I've got the joys of this venture this weekend. Can't say I'm looking forward to it, so any other recommendations appreciated.

ALSO: What servo replacement options are there please? My parts supplier said "it's a minefield of options" and that they'd appreciate me supplying the brand and part number of the servo I'm removing. Can anyone help with that info OR can I use one from say a 406? I'm already using a 406 (23mm) M/C.

Anthony

You're quite limited by what sized servo will fit on a RHD 205 - pretty much anything bigger than the GTI servo isn't going to fit without fouling the scuttle panel.

nixonmi16

Berlingo servo fits fine bit tight just have to remove master cylinder first then the servo. I did this on a std mounted mi16 alloy block

DrSarty

Thanks for your replies. I think the iron block doesn't help here as it's about 11mm taller; but it's still going to be tight or more likely an engine mount and shift it forward solution as mentioned above.

Currently it's the pushrod that goes to the brake pedal I cant get clear of the bulkhead mount/plate/pedal 'box'. Only about 15mm needed and even contemplated cutting a slot in the plate to get the rod through. But I think I'll be moving the engine forward next week when my replacement servo arrives.

Got one from eBay (entire assembly) from a 1.6 GTI with only 51k on it! Still anodised gold.

Lesson learned from me - despite having removed and fitted plenty of engines from 205s - is that it pays to remove the master cylinder to save clouting it and having to do all this crud! A refill and bleed is a small price to pay.

Still, she'll have fresh brakes again to help tame the 203 horses. ????

Edited by DrSarty