• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
murtaghp

Headlights From Gsf

murtaghp

I took the opportunity to order some new headlights from GSF over the weekend during their 45% off sale but the ones that arrived did not look right.

They are made by Denji and on the face with of it look ok but the lens had no E markings on it and the the pattern was different. When I compared the OS one with the one on the car, it was a closer fit to the NS.

I had a look at the box they came in and they stated that they were for RHD vehicles and they met FMVSS 108 which according to Google is an American federal code. I spoke to GSF this morning and they said that they only sell UK Legal parts and they have sold hundreds of these items.

They may be correct but I'm returning them as I don't think they would pass an MOT when it came to the headlight beam.

dcc

Interesting to know, I have ordered lucas items from a local factors in the past (@£17.50 each) - perfect fit. I will see if I can still get them.

welshpug

the lens may well look quite different if you compare it to the very early glass bowl type headlamp, the later fuller reflector plastic type needed a different lens.

GLPoomobile

But don't they have to have a visible E marking somewhere to be legally sold and used in the UK?

Clapton_Is_God

Somehow I doubt they have sold 100's of that particular brand. They have only just stopped supplying Lucas headlights (I know because I bought some recently and was told they had very few left) and only started supplying Lucas when they could no longer get bet Valeo.

My experience with GSF is that the person you deal with in store is often rather clueless.

james_pug

They told me around 4-6 weeks ago that they had no stock of 205 headlights! Can you post a picture of the Denji unit? I was sold one that was meant to be made by Denji but it has no markings on it and is terrible quality!

murtaghp

Sorry I have sent them back already. The only markings on the unit was Denji MPG701-G2LO.

The box they arrived in had Djauto on it which I found to be a company in Taiwan.