• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Bovien

Gti Drivers Door (Lhd) Same As Other 205S?

Bovien

I have a rusted through drivers side door on a LHD 1.9 GTI. Can I go fetch a regular 205 door as a replacement and move electric windows, door cards and exterior trim to that? I'm worried about the exterior plastic bits not fitting a non-gti door...

Anthony

You'll need to add the rivets that attach the plastic trim, but otherwise the doors are physically the same.

Bovien

Thanks!!, that makes it a bit easier. I'm not certain how the rivets are to be placed until I get the door dismantled, but I'm guessing that a bit of "MacGyvering" will do the trick, or will I be able to move them from the old door?

Edited by Bovien

forbeslongden

I've always just drilled the trim on under where the red strip goes, maybe a botch move but certainly saves faffing about.

Bovien

If that is all the difference, I'll go for a non-GTI door for sure

2-Pugs

You can get those proper rivets, might be in the bumper fitting kit, but I have definitely seen them somewhere as have fitted them recently. You won't be able to transfer them over from the old door though. Worth finding if you want to do a nice job of it :-)

Bovien

Thanks! I'll go Servicebox hunting

farmer

Won't find trim fitting kit part number on servicebox

6994 44 however