• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

rikky

Front Shocks For Gti6 Conversion

rikky

What shocks / springs are people using for a "standard look" GTi6 conversion? I've got the 6 lump in but can't help but feel the front looks a touch high. They must be the original dampers / springs from the 1.6 or 1.9 standard GTI. Not sure what they are as they were never going to stay on there long term.

I don't want it to look overly lowered but it looks about 15mm too high at the front at the moment. Which suprises me really as I'd have thought it'd be lower or the same as the 1.6/1.9 setup really, given I bet the engine's a bit heavier.

Comments / ideas? :)

Clapton_Is_God

I can't comment on them yet as I'm yet to fit them but I've decided after a lot of good advice on here to go with the Bilstein B4 with the Eibach springs.

GSF do the Bilstein and with their weekend discount I picked them up really cheaply. WKEND41 is their discount code for 41% off this weekend. I bought the springs on Amazon, they were the cheapest I could find at about £60.

sp_en_ny

I too will one day get the 6 conversion done on my 205, from doing a lot of reading on here I was on the impression the preferred set up were 205 Bilstein B6 dampers with Eibach springs. Is this not the case ?