• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rolando

Pas Picture Set Up Required

Rolando

hello all, i'm currently fitting a PAS set up on a 1.6 gti engine I've got but i can't remember where the 2 brackets to hold the high pressure hose go on the engine? theres no obvious points to me so was wondering if anyone had any pictures to hand to show me how the high pressure fits in and where to mount the brackets?

thanks rolando

james_pug

One bolts to the top of the gearbox just behind the earth point, I think one is under the inlet manifold behind the starter motor and then it clips in to another bracket bolted on with the starter to gearbox bolts, I'll see if I can find any pictures.

james_pug

​2A50E1E1-EFD1-4601-908D-7E2F88D75583_zps

​AFBFB4A4-37CA-46FE-A69C-47D54D7A32DF_zps

Can just make out 2 of them here I may be able to get a pic of the gearbox one tomorrow.

Rolando

ahh perfect. thanks so much for that. makes sense now I've worked out i'm missing that gearbox bracket. on to search for one of those now.

thanks again

steve@cornwall

I wonder if it's the same bracket on the 306? If so (and I'll look at this again with less spiced rum in the blood system!) Then I will have one here you can have.

I have a 2.0 306 convertible I bought for the engine here that's about to be weighed in so if you need anything it's here for the taking (TR1 postcode)

Edited by steve@cornwall