• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gman

Help Diagnosing Window Problem

Gman

Ok, driver's side window operates fine, but the passenger side window does not work from either driver or passenger switch.

The passenger window is currently fully up, so I can hear the relay clicking when i press the raise button. Nothing can be heard when trying to lower the passenger side window.

Before I start taking door panels off, can anyone point me in the right direction for the things to try first?

Many thanks

Graham

Anthony

Replace/swap both switches first and foremost - an issue with either switch stops the window working, even if you're trying it from the non-broken switch.

If you know the drivers window works, you can plug each of the passenger switches into that to test that they work and/or use the drivers switch for the passenger window.

Gman

Replace/swap both switches first and foremost - an issue with either switch stops the window working, even if you're trying it from the non-broken switch.

If you know the drivers window works, you can plug each of the passenger switches into that to test that they work and/or use the drivers switch for the passenger window.

Thanks Anthony - so should I really be armed with a spare window switch before taking the door cards off, or could it also likely be something else?

Simes

There's a helpful guide for this on the main site!

In summary on drivers side swap both switches over. Then try it again.

Tom Fenton

As above. Motors just tend to get slower and slower. Wiring is pretty durable. Switches are the usual suspect.

Gman

Thanks guys. All sorted - 'twas the driver's side switch.