• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
parv121

Spring Coils

parv121

Can anybody tell me where I can get standard Spring coils for my 205 cti.

Everywhere I look on the net all I can find is lowering springs... But I don't want to lower my car, just want original spec springs,

Any ideas except Peugeot direct? If they still,offer them that is.

Cheers

arbor

Any decent motor factors, I picked up standard height springs manufactured by KYB last week.

Anthony

Were they actually standard height when fitted? People had issues last year with aftermarket standard height springs sitting far too high, although I can't remember the manufacturer in question.

arbor

Were they actually standard height when fitted? People had issues last year with aftermarket standard height springs sitting far too high, although I can't remember the manufacturer in question.

Yep, all good.

parv121

Hi Simon,

Can you maybe tell me where u got urs from or a place where I can get them please.

Cheers

welshpug

most motorfactors can do kyb for you.

do you have standard springs currently?

parv121

yes ,

standard springs which we're from peugeot years and years ago before my ownership.

why do u ask? any advice? any pro's and con's.

the ting is i dont want to lower the car. just want to keep it factory original as possible.

welshpug

why do you want to replace them?

not seen any 205's have any issues with springs like the much later vehicles, granted they might be a bit rusty but my springs havent sagged one bit and no signs of damage.

if the paint marks are still present on yours you can identify the part number on servicebox and see if there are any available, my springs were quite rusty however still had the two yellow striped present (non ac non abs manual steering manual transmission 1.9)

parv121

Hi mei,

Yeah the reason is I'm changing and renewing all front suspension and braking parts and was gonna change them so everything in nice and black and clean. The current springs are all rusted but probebly still good. But as I'm changing all suspension parts makes sence to renew springs too.

Rock Lobster

I did this and renewed the spring and ended up fitting after market items which were poor quality and the front ride height was way too high. I refitted the originals even though they are rusty and look terrible.

Can you get them re-powdercoated? I have no idea of cost for this though.

petert

Whilst the powder coating temperature is slightly below the tempering temperature for the spring, powder coating is brittle and the constant movement of the spring destroy the coating almost instantly.

Just use a quality epoxy enamel paint.

Tom Fenton

See I have had good success with this, had the springs on my laser green car powder coated, they are 3-4years and 2000 miles old now, they still look like the day I fitted them.

Pretty s*itty picture but you can just make them out.

6F59C0EC-FEDA-4FCE-ABEF-00BCAE1DB7E6_zps

Rippthrough

Powder coating is fine if done correctly with a zinc primer layer. All my race springs are powdercoated in Sheffield, never have an issue.

Tom Fenton

Phil, who do you use? I've been using CBF for a bit now.

Rippthrough

Have them done through SpringCoil, as they make the springs for me anyway.

General powdercoating I use Craftworks.

Edited by Rippthrough

petert

Good to know. My experience with Aussie powder coating has been poor.