• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Telf

Digital Clock Repair

Telf

I've not had a digital clock that works for ages. I've bought 2 off Ebay- both have failed after a few months.

So I'm thinking it must be possible to de-solder everything, replace the components and get a clock that actually works.

Has anybody tried to do this before I start having a go?

Cheers

Slo

will only be the connector pins that have worked loose try soldering them its worked every time for me

toolie72

Yip, the joints needing soldered will be obvious (even I found them on mine!!) really dull grey in colour

Did mine years ago and still going strong-mine was inside clock, resoldered frankly honking line of joints (not expecting it to work) and hey presto I knew exactly how late I was always

• Like 1

Telf

Ok I will give it a go - it has been getting on my nerves not having a clock - that and the rust - torn engine mount, water in the foot well, no carpet, no sound proofing, wobbly speedo, squeaky dash etc etc etc

LoL why do I put up with this car!

• Like 1

toolie72

Wobbly speedo and rattely dash are the hallmarks of a well built car aren't they? Lol

Slo

You/we all put up with it because its a great car to play with and a doddle to work on if only a bit of a money pit. Tigerseal is your friend regarding the rattles.

Now if you had a 206 or a 307 mind most would say scrap that pos at the first glance of money needed throwing at it

omega

but the clock would work in a 206/307!!

Slo

but the clock would work in a 206/307!!

:lol: thats about the only thing that would work properly in one too

steve@cornwall

You/we all put up with it because its a great car to play with and a doddle to work on if only a bit of a money pit. Tigerseal is your friend regarding the rattles.

Now if you had a 206 or a 307 mind most would say scrap that pos at the first glance of money needed throwing at it

Tiger seal is a bit extreme isn't it? Especially at the rate these things may need to be disassembled. If used black self adhesive draught proofing (from Photoshop if memory serves) just inside the edges of dash bits as I screw them back together. They may still move but do so quietly!

Telf

I will give that a go Steve

Telf

Actually I could just replace the Speedo cable...hmmm.

I wonder if they are still available?

Telf

so I had a little soldering try out- it now keeps the time but one of the upper segments of the display is intermittent !

I will have another go!