• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

SweetBadger

306 Hdi Lucas 266Mm Brake Caliper Bleed Nipple Size

SweetBadger

Hi All, I need to replace the bleed nipples on my 306 HDI calipers.

I thought I could use the ones from the Gti6 calipers that they are replacing but they are too large, and the spare 1.9 ones I have are too small!

Can anyone confirm the nipple thread size and dims for these calipers?

Thanks, Alex.

pug_ham

I'm sure when I replaced the bleed nipples on my old 306 hdi with Lucas brakes they were the same M7 x 1 size as the Bendix rear calipers & on the 1.9 GTI front calipers I have on my 205.

Service box doesn't give any info on the size unfortunately either but from what I remember doing the fluid on my current 306 hdi, they were also still M7 x 1.

g

SweetBadger

Hmm, odd, the standard 1.9 gti ones were definitely too small, and the Gti6 ones much too big.

I wonder if they've been drilled out and tapped in a previous life, looks like I'll have to pull the mullered one that's in there at the moment out again and measure it.

SweetBadger

Finally got round to measuring these today, and the ones in my calipers are m8 x 1.25.

So they've either been drilled out and tapped or some Lucas calipers came with bigger bleed nipples.