• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kev20569

Brake Servo On A 205

Kev20569

I have a 205 gti 1.9 I keep losing peddle the set up I have on the master cylinder is two front then the rear on the left side and the right blanked off was told tonight it could be because of the one that's blanked off any ideas???

welshpug

wont be the blank unless its leaking.

i'd pop the drums off and check the wheel cylinders.

allye

1.9 usually 4 lines? Drums on a 1.9?

If there is no obvious leak you master cylinder could be drawing in air.

Kev20569

It's a 1.6 she'll with a 1.9 the cylinder was new it's got drums on the back standard disks with ds3000 aeroquip brake pipe the cylinder has 4 ports the 2 front ones are for the front brakes then the left rear is for rear brakes and the right port is blanked off when the brakes heat up the peddle nearly goes to the floor for sum reason ,there's new wheel cylinders on it

Edited by Kev20569

Tom Fenton

How old is the master cylinder, they can fail as they get older, if you don't know the history of it then for what they cost you could consider replacing it.

Kev20569

It's about 4 year old

Tom Fenton

How hot are you talking to get a soft pedal? What fluid is in there?

Kev20569

It's a night event car it's got racing blue fluid.i have got a bias valve on it I can start a selective and a couple of miles in the peddle gets spongy I've bleeded the brakes till the cows come home it's got a hydraulic handbrake aswell

And

Sounds a bit like the fluid needs changed or is boiling to me how old are the pads and how much is left on them mintex comp pads for example are done at 2/3rds to 1/2 worn max

Edited by And