• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

jack-pug

Avo Or Bilstein

jack-pug

Looking into upgrading the dampers on the rear of my 205 rally car, cant decide between the Avo 2 way adjustable dampers or Bistein GRP A, anybody got experience with either of these dampers ?

welshpug

Bilstein hands down, they're starting to do adjustable custom units too.

jack-pug

do you know when they are coming out or are they currently available for the 205

welshpug

I've seen a picture of recently produced for a time attack 205, you'd need to speak to bilstein to find out more, that's all I know!

jack-pug

cheers thankyou :)

allanallen

Kamracing can get the new billies, silly money though....

What sort of events are you doing?

Bilsteins are good value for money and work well but if the events have long rough sections they will fade and get increasingly worse with age. From my experience after 2 120mile road rally's the grpAs had lost their edge and needed servicing or replacing.

If I was going to rally a 205 again I would only fit proflex or similar remote res rear dampers.

jack-pug

Planning on doing a few single venues and one of the epynt event this year,next year hopefully competing in MSA Asphalt.

I would love a set of proflex for the rear but my budget doesn't stretch to that, only reason why I Consider AVO is my friend runs them and has just changed to 2 way damping adjustable from single and he recons it's transformed the car, would the AVO remote canisters be anygood? I know they won't compare to proflex but surely better than GRP A billies?

welshpug

only thing I can say for Avo, service is good, work ok when they work, but leaks and poor design has been the other side of the experience!

proflex on the new car, whilst over ten years old, were good as new after a service and not had any issues in 3 years on a widetrack tarmac saxo.

itll be interesting to see what Bilstein offer now, the group a stuff is good on a budget.

And

I still haven't gone 3way rear yet but I was looking at ast or reiger but swaying towards the reiger, once I sort out the gearbox wine. Reigers arnt cheap but they are not as bad price wise as you think proflex are more expensive.

allanallen

How much can you get the reigers for? I think you can get rear proflex for around £1500.

The new bilsteins are custom/special order and silly money, not aimed at rallying either I don't think.

And

They quoted me just under £1300 including vat for the rears and a 2% discount if payed in full at time of order to help if the exchange rate is not good at time of order, and then servicing was £85 per unit plus parts.

The concern for me with them new bilsteins is the fronts and the ajusters clearing the larger 1.9 cv joints well the boots as mine are close with standard type fitting dampers

Edited by And

allanallen

Apparently they clear....

That's a good price on the rear reigers! That's direct from the dealer then? I'm guessing anyone in the uk can service them.

And

It was from Zoltan who is the uk dealer and they look after the servicing too but guess it could be done else were too.

jack-pug

I might just stick with the GRP N billies that I have at the moment and save up for a set of reigers or proflex, from what I have being reading the AVO are over £800 for the rears and they are known to have their problems.

Mays aswellspend the extra couple of hundred and buy some dampers that are known to work and are reliable.

And

AST 3 way are around that price and meant to be good but... There service is not meant to be..

every one raves about the reigers AB motorsport was using them on most of the cars Andy ran so I am going that way I think.

allanallen

Quite frankly at £1300 the reigers make lots of sense. I'm sure AB list them for about £1800!

AND, could you pm me some contact details for Zoltan, not much on the net when I googled, just company profiles. Cheers

jack-pug

Could you forward them onto me aswell please Alan once you have them, I found proflex online coming from Europe were priced at just over £615 each including Vat

And

I only have a email but the main website seems to have lost all the diversions to the country dealer, could find the rest out tho. Andy was selling them @£700 each I think it was and to his spec as he helped delivelop them but there is only one spec any way, don't think Matt is interested in 205s tho all the 205s Andy ran have vanished.

info@reigersuspension.co.uk

Edited by And

allanallen

Cheers and! AB seem to have little interest in 205s now, Andy was the driving force and he's too busy soaking up the sun and trail riding.... The bastard :P

Where was that jack?

Edited by allanallen

feb

AST 3 way are around that price and meant to be good but... There service is not meant to be..

every one raves about the reigers AB motorsport was using them on most of the cars Andy ran so I am going that way I think.

I don't know what the ASTs are like in 205s but they were horrible in the Forester STi I used to have. As for their service, I couldn't agree more.

welshpug

fine on my zx, only sportline 1 though, not rally stuff, but done about 25 k miles without issues.

feb

Maybe on lighter cars they hold up better. One of mine started leaking before 25k miles but then again most coilovers need rebuilds around that sort of mileage. It was the ride quality (or lack of) I was unhappy with.

jack-pug

Cheers and! AB seem to have little interest in 205s now, Andy was the driving force and he's too busy soaking up the sun and trail riding.... The bastard :P

Where was that jack?

a company called Rtec, here is the link i found http://www.rtec.ws/shop/product/peugeot-205-ar-amortisseur-proflex-29843?category=38320

Edited by jack-pug

And

I have remessaged reiger to check price my just price proflex too wile I am at it got the reiger price a few month ago then engine rebuild and box rebuild seen all that money as seen there is no tv with the msa tar this year I am giving it a miss apart from otterburn so the funding needed for the Manx can be used.

• Like 1

And

Zoltan has come back to me with a current price if £1409 and a 2% discount if payed in full at time of order, think o should have got them in August arr never mind suspention or engine I need the engine more lol.

Still waiting on proflex to come back to me