• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

burr_2000

Master Cylinder Reservoir

burr_2000

I have a tu3 with throttle bodies. The brake reservoir is getting in the way of the sausage filter. I was thinking of removing the reservoir and replacing with 2 smaller reservoirs like what's on motorbikes. Has anyone done this before or know what the size of push on reservoir I should be looking for. I noticed demon tweaks has them http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/brake-master-cylinders-reservoirs/a-p-racing-small-diameter-fluid-reservoirs-cp4709-type

jorg

this is something I have been looking into recently but on a 306. i plan switching to a 25.4 master cylinder but the outlets are on the wrong side and won't clear the reservoir. depending on the space you have on the bulkhead have you considered running with a remote brake reservoir? these fittings off a fiat http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301143745311 fit perfectly into the m/c holes. there are plenty of resevoirs that could be used on ebay, the problem is finding space to fit it. rallyeash runs a similar setup on his 205 according to his project thread.

you also need to consider the brake fluid level switch too as those ap racing ones haven't got one fitted.

pictures of the fittings in the m/c

8716E33B-3B6E-4E2F-8732-C14F20D909BB_zps

C86424BD-7791-448F-9959-214227EA3F42_zps

burr_2000

Perfect just what I wanted to know. Thanks