• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

brianthemagical

Rear Hub/wheel Bearing Abs And Non-Abs

brianthemagical

Hello,

I'm looking to replace the rear wheel bearings on my non-ABS MK2 1.9 GTi.

GSF only list ABS rear wheel bearings. Will these fit a non-ABS car?

I know there are differences between other PSA ABS and non-ABS rear hub/stub axle set-ups.

Thanks

Miles

They are no ABS wheel bearings on a 205, When ABS was fitted it was only on the front, I know GSF had some ABS ones which where all 306 ones which of course don;t fit, Its like allot of factors ask the same on the front but again the bearings are the same on 205, 306, 406 etc. But with GSF if the bearings are Vtech avoid like the plague

Paul_13

Yep avoid the vetech. They lasted me no more than 2k miles with s*it loads of play

Anthony

That's for drum braked models - the hub and bearing are one piece on disk braked rears as found on 1.9 GTi's.

dawning

Ah sorry missed the 1.9 bit.

brianthemagical

Thanks for all the help, and apologies for the delayed reply. I went for the SKF eBay jobbies on the end.

Thanks again.

And

I have ran 306 or 106/saxo ones for a long time even before I changed the rear arms for 306 ones, last time I did get a 205 one it was machined for the abs ring, what's meant to be different about them other than the price?