• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gavin Waddell

Front Bumper Fixing

Gavin Waddell

Has any one got a photo of how the front number fixes

To the wing( not service box). I've got all the parts not just sure of the order they fit.

Thanks Gavin

Gavin Waddell

Yeah I found that was well what I was wondering is if there is rubber buffer that fits in the large hole that the T bolt then goes through like on the back bumper?

Gavin

Gavin Waddell

Dinthaveservice box so can't access it. But I'm correct in thinking there is a buffer in the hole and theT bolt runs through it. Could you do a screen capture of the service box page.

Gavin

Tom Fenton

Rear bumper uses a t-bolt through bumper through a steel cup and then a big rubber that fits the bodyshell tab.

Front non-GTI bumper is a similar arrangement

Front GTI bumper is different, short t-bolt attaches the pressed steel slider bracket to the bumper. Then there is the rubber which has the hexagon threaded spacer in it. Then a bolt pointing outwards through the corner bar into the threaded spacer joinsit all up.

Gavin Waddell

So no rubber buffer in the big hole next to the m8 hole the bumper bar ant rubber top hat all come together.

Tom any chance of a photos of how its on your lazer green resto?

Thanks Gavin

Tom Fenton

No. The large hole in the wing is not used.

And no I can't take a photo of my green car as its stored elsewhere for winter, and I haven't had the front bumper off it so no photos on my computer.

Gavin Waddell

Ok cool worries