• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
arbor

Options For Standard Dampers/springs?

arbor

Talking to local motor factors, it seems the options are limited for standard front/rear dampers and springs. All that's coming back is either KYB or Bilstein, anyone know of any other options/suppliers? 205 GTi 1.6

Cheers

allye

What's wrong with those? Both quality manufacturers. I've just had a set of after market OE spec gti dampers delivered. I'm going to sand blast and paint some gti springs, I'm even going to get some Teflon tuning around the ends of springs similar to high end after market springs. Mated with some fresh top moints should be sweet!

arbor

Nowt, just having finished an early XR2 restoration last year the damper jar spillith over. Bit like exhaust's, the choice used to be huge, Magnex, Piper, Ansa, Peco, Scorpion, Devil, etc etc.

allye

Aren't B4's slightly uprated?

Tom Fenton

Supposedly, but then against the typical 20 year old standard Peugeot dampers, anything would be uprated.

I've fitted front Bilstein B4's on many 205's and for road use they are perfect IMO.