• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

m@ttc

5205Te Shocks

m@ttc

Hi, i need some new rear shocks for a standard 1.9 road car. the original spec ones are nfp and now have a new part number (5205TE). After a search it seems that peugeot may sell dampers that fit but not exactly to original spec. has anybody had any experience with the new shocks?

basically im after some rear standard shocks can anybody point me in the right direction?

thanks matt.

kyepan

speak to kev at kam racing, he could sell you a nice set of bilsteins, there are options available from very slightly firmer than road, to shortened track spec ones.

Miles

I'd go std dampers over the Bilsteins any day, the std ones last allot longer as well and being spec'd for the 306 are a little bit uprated over std 205 ones

Edited by Miles

m@ttc

Thanks for the reply kyepan but I think I'm gonna takes miles,s suggestion and go to the pug dealers.

Anthony

Are Peugeot still supplying the decent rear dampers and has anyone bought any recently?

I have a dim and distant memory that last year someone mentioned that Peugeot were no longer supplying them and had substituted it with an inferior item. However, for the life of me I can't remember who and I could't seem to find the thread searching on Google, so it's entirely possible that I'm mis-remembering.

Edit: - Found it... http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=164773

• Like 1