• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Malcy

Rear Compensators

Malcy

Hi all

I got a pair of rear brake compensators from GSF. Does anyone know what way round they fit is the flow going to the caliper into the left hand side of photo? There is no arrow for direction other than on the left handside there is a tiny hole on the nut edge.

Thanks for the help

653pc005.jpg

Anthony

They should have different sized unions each end so they'll only fit one way around, assuming that you're replacing existing faulty ones.

Juttie205

m12 side closest to master cylinder.

Malcy

Thanks for the help. I am replacing the brake lines as well but the ones I took out I am sure were the same size both ends.

hoodygoodwood

If the unions are still in good condition I would reuse them as I have found the original Peugeot ones to be better quality than some of the replacements . I carefully removed lots of mine from old corroded pipes and sent them off with my nuts and bolts for zinc passivate plating - they came back like new .

Replacing compensators is an expensive exercise , they seem to block with rust or sediment - has anyone ever tried ultrasonically cleaning them ?

Edited by hoodygoodwood

Juttie205

are you sure you removed a compensator as i thought mine had some fitted but it was just a joiner with same size both ends.