• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

yorkshirekowboy

Replacing The Rear Speaker Loom?

yorkshirekowboy

Hello,

I have just bought a replacement loom for the rear speaker setup as my connectors for the speakers have been cut and too short.

Looking at the loom, it looks like like it has a red connector which I gather plugs somewhere behind the dash?

Just looking for pointers really, and to see if it's a mission to replace? And what's needed to be done etc. I havnt had a look yet.

Any help will be appreciated.

Anthony

Yes the red plug goes onto the loom behind the dash, near the fusebox from memory and accessible without removing the dash.

To do the job nicely you're going to have to remove the front and rear passenger seats and lift the carpet as the existing speaker wiring runs with the rest of the rear loom (lights etc) underneath. Not too difficult, but takes a little time as there's a few bits that need to be removed before you can lift the carpet out of the way such as the lower rail for the front seatbelt and the front kick panel.

Tom Fenton

Could you not just splice in some speaker wire say 150mm long to reach? Easy enough to do and much less work than changing the lot?

yorkshirekowboy

Thanks for your advice, I'm taking my carpet out anyhow to go back to red so I may swell change the loom. I'm probably being over board with the loom changing it but hey I've got a loom now. Thanks again.