• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Danez

Heater Fan Removal

Danez

Hello chaps,

My heater fan does not work at all. It used to then when I turned it on it took a while to get going and now it does nowt.

I'm looking to removing it and giving it a good refurb by using that handy guide in the articles section.

Only problem is removing it. The Haynes manual says I need to drain the coolant out which is something I'd like to avoid. So is it necessary to drain the coolant to simply remove the fan?!

Thank you for your time

-Dan

pugdamo

No need to drain the coolant, it's located underneath the glovebox, if you remove the soundproofing then you will see the 3 screws holding it in. Very easy job to remove.

Danez

No need to drain the coolant, it's located underneath the glovebox, if you remove the soundproofing then you will see the 3 screws holding it in. Very easy job to remove.

Nice one man just what I want to hear! I thought it was strange that I had to drain coolant. Must have been on about remove the matrix not the fan itself, cheers.

Danez

Okay so the motor is fine as I tested it on a battery. So my next best guess is the control of the fan not working? I want to make sure it's the control knob that's faulty so how would I bypass the control knob? I have the panel all out and the circuit board for the three knobs is showing but I'm not sure what each track does.

Thanks

• Like 1

Anthony

It'll likely be the resistor module which is next to the fan

Danez

It'll likely be the resistor module which is next to the fan

Yeah i took that out and there was loads of s*ite in it so have it a good clean and it works every now and again it's very temperamental. The resistor is proper rusty like.

Merry Christmas btw!