• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Juttie205

Dashboard Lights Issues And Heater Fan Issue

Juttie205

I have just connnected a battery to start checking all wiring and have a few issues. The fan control unit does not light up but then flickers a bit so could be poor connection or bulbs or unit itself. the fan only works on full speed is this the control unit or resistor and can the bulbs in the rear screen fog light and hazard be changed?

many thanks

j_turnell

Check the roller switch that adjusts brightness for the dash lights. The fan working on full only will be the resistor, there is a topic with a mod to get around this i believe, or just find a replacement. I would imagine the bulbs could be changed, although i've not done this myself. Are the fog light etc actually working?

Juttie205

all switches working in center console just the hazard ones does not light up going to get new bulbs for heater control unit and ashtray light so fingers crossed that will work and have ordered part to repair heater resistor can live with this small snag list at moment.