• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timoth123

Ph2 Half Leather Dye Colour

timoth123

Im after a leather dye kit for the ctis half leather seats. Black leather and red check cloth. After reading through these 2 threads

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=104829

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=143931

I decided to go for the gliptone products on offer from liquid leather. They suggested the charcoal grey colour listed for that era 205.

Its way too grey.

This pic doesn't show too much as it looks more grey in person.

F932407F-B309-462A-AA94-8F9B6D314719_zps

So ill get a black from a similar peugeot car from the same era and go from there. Unless anyone has had any success with a different colour?

flyfisher

I used the black scuff master on my mi 16 leather seats with very good results kit comes with a toner to mix if you want to plus a shine additive the trick is to use thin coats and let it dry totally before applying another coat

timoth123

Cool thanks. Im going to send them a headrest from the set to match. Will hopefully be spot on then!

murtaghp

Very interested to hear the outcome on this one as I'll need to do mine soon.

Keep us updated please

timoth123

Got the matched dye back. It's much better. An identical colour to the headrest I sent in. I wrote a small essay explaining that the ph2 model is a different colour and what years it was available. Pic is new black vs charcoal grey dye bottles.

th_F1C5BD63-A589-4762-B351-DA251ACB5D86_

Anthony

So is the new correct colour called anything specific or just generic "black"?

Barryboy85

So is the charcoal grey for the phase 1.5 seats then? Or just a random grey?

Henry Yorke

I need to touch up the 1FM seats on the beading on the edge of the drivers seat. Have you a link to the exact stuff to buy for a phase 2 leather seat?

timoth123

Anthony, when i filled the form out I labelled it as Phase 2 black. But if they go for that I'm not sure.

In my opinion the charcoal grey is more like the ph1.5 grey. But don't quote me on that. It certainly isn't ph2 black.

Henry, I'd suggest calling them at liquid leather and say you'd like the dye from my sample headrest I sent in. Quote my full name Tim McGivern, they should be able to recreate the colour straight off then. If you need any more info for them to pin point the exact sample drop me a whatsapp!

• Like 2