• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Henry Yorke

Does Your Door Go "crack" Everytime You Open It?

Henry Yorke

If your door makes this noise and it really irritates you when you get out of the car then it can all be solved for £3.16! Buy one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281773382465?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT (I am not selling these myself, but I found this easier to get posted than drive to the dealer and buy a large bag).

The drivers door on my 1FM made an awful noise. I took all the door card off and looked to regrease the check strap, but that didn't work. I then tried a different check strap and that wouldn't fit / didn't work. I put my finger on the check strap and moved the door so it went onto the notches and felt a large vibration when it cracked. The roll pin had been replaced with a stud and split pin and this was not absorbing the shock. I took the stud out and then tapped in the new roll pin with a drift and a hammer and it was all fixed.

I was that excited that it was fixed, that I took some video of it in action. However looking back at it now, it is one of the most boring videos I have ever seen, so I won't subject you to it!!

• Like 3

farmer

Dealer isn't to bad on these

Packs of 2 at only a few quid each

Edited by farmer

Anthony

I was that excited that it was fixed, that I took some video of it in action.

That is pretty sad Henry! :P

Plumbob

That reminds me to do mine! The paint shop lost the roll pins and replaced them with M6 bolts. Mine makes a terrible crack too.. It's been on my list of jobs for ages.

Glad yours is sorted!

• Like 1

Tom Fenton

Do it soon! If they are left going "clack-clack" too long the hole wears out and the 7mm Peugeot roll pin is no longer a good fit and falls out.....

AlexRS2782

This reminds me that I must get Miles to replace my driver side hinge & roll pin next year while the car is down with him. I must have bought the bits about 2 years ago now but always seem to forget to get it fixed :doh: