• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

PaulJW

Old User Old Car

PaulJW

Hello again... so Having been a member of this forum for years and actually not having a 205 I have gone and bought one!

Not just any one though I have repurchased the car owned 10 years ago albeit in far worse condition and for more than i sold it for!

So what I have is a rolling restoration project.. very solid but quite battered.

I'm trying to find some of the parts i need at the moment. Doors, bonnet. trim etc but im going to concentrate on the underneath first which leads me to this...

The floor stiffener plates have took quite a bashing over the years from incorrect jacking and peugeot no longer sell them.

does anyone know where they can be bought? or is it a case of cut them out of a donor?

Many thanks.

Paul.

Tom Fenton

I think the only source will be a donor. However someone on here went about it another way, cut some neat holes from above inside, and then used a hammer and drift from inside to straighten them. Then welded plates on inside the car when done.

• Like 1

mrfirepro

I remember my thread on this as I called them Jacking points. :blush:

before

P1020462_666x500.jpeg

PICT0370_533x400.jpg

during

PICT0389_533x400.jpg

PICT0390_533x400.jpg

After

PICT0766_533x400.jpg

PICT0882_533x400.jpg

• Like 1

PaulJW

I did see that method of doing it but I want to unpick the spotwelds and put a straight panel on then plug weld it up for a more factory way of doing it?

farmer

I have them new in recent years

PaulJW

Yeah there should be some knocking about somewhere :)