• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Grenouille

B Pillar Reconstruction Advice

Grenouille

Hello all,

I recently joined the forum, however I've been using this site for a while since buying our 1991 1.6 205 GTI.

I'm working on various body repairs, project thread to follow, however I'm looking for some advice on the B pillar and how best to repair it. Our car's B pillar has been cut/corroded away and we're unsure how/if it should join the sill.

See below for some photographs. Note the majority of the lower section of the rear quarter panel has been removed.

Can anyone advise on how the pillar internal structure should meet the sill (or otherwise?). Any pictures of the area would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Andy.

P.S. the other side has been bodged by a previous owner so not much of a guide!

21424513262_f3032d8864_z.jpgB pillar from outside by Andy, on Flickr

21247622158_2b1141984f_z.jpgB pillar from inside by Andy, on Flickr

Grenouille

Can anyone help with this? I don't expect someone to hack their quarter panel (!) just maybe a picture from inside as per my second pic.

Thanks,

Andy.

Edited by Grenouille

Henry Yorke

205 Thatcham Shell repair methods manual But you need to be a member of the PSC to get this and there is not a specific answer in there to your question.

I had a look on Servicebox and it was a bit vague too.

Pics when I had my door card off only look at the rear arch seal and not that front corner and my CTI pics are totally different.

Sorry!

Grenouille

Thanks Henry,

I'm not registered of the PSC so can't see that. Worth registering for in any case?

I think the best thing to do would be to join it; it'll stiffen the B pillar in any case. Could involve a bit of complicated metal fabrication but still, doesn't have to be too neat.

Andy.