• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Henry Yorke

205 Abs Sensor Replacement

Henry Yorke

I am looking to restore my ABS system on my 1FM back tot he original spec. Currently my near side sensor is not reading any resistence so I am assuming the sensor is dead. Before I pull it out of the hub which traditionally has them snap off and then you have to poke them through, I am wondering if anyone has had any success in using a different sensor in the original 205 hub with the standard system?

The original Peugeot part number is 4545 16 but this doesn't match any other cars apart from the 309 obviously.

Tom Fenton

I think you are assuming wrong. Test the other side sensor see what you get. Inductive sensors are generally a massive looped up thin copper wire so as such a resistance test should show very low. A better test is to connect across the terminals measure AC voltage then spin the wheel. If the sensor is working you should see a small voltage. You will need a sensitive good quality voltmeter to see anything though, some of the cheap ones only measure in full volts, you are looking for mV.

• Like 1

Henry Yorke

The other side measured 1100 ohms which is what I was expecting. It is the same resistance as a 306 ABS sensor so I was hoping someone having successfully fitted one of these. However Ive read about the AC voltage test and this will be on the next list of tests when back home from holiday. Fingers crossed the sensor is fine.

H

ciaranpug

I have the same fault, has anyone else had any luck.. Cheers..

Nic G

Boys, I need to sort mine out as well, but not spent too much time looking at it yet.......

Pesky 1FM's.....

• Like 1

ciaranpug

I am off this week with work, going back on Monday, I and gunna look into 405 and early 306 sensors which I have for breaking, I will keep yous posted..

mhyphenl

I managed to get a sensor off ebay for a 205, I'm sure it wasn't a genuine pug one but was listed as compatible. Unfortunately the plastic shield cover shattered on mine which I don't think you can get anymore!

welshpug

original sensors were bosch or bendux iirc, they're only specific to the 205 in the cable length and plug style

Henry Yorke

So what you are saying is that 306 ones will fit if you change the connector to the 205 style? Has anyone actually done this?