• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

idoari

5206 K6 Replacement?

idoari

Hi,

i just went to the dealership here in Israel and got a pair of shocks but the part number is different. they say that Peugeot replaced the part number again from 5206 TE to 98 114 026 80 . But i can't seem to find this part number in "peugeot service box" website.

can you call your dealership and find out if they truely changed it? and if not, if i got the correct part?

what car is this part fits to?

thanks

Ido aricha

Here's what i've got?

11754721_10207378923050609_5868564253164​

Edited by idoari

Slo

Looking it up it seems that 5206 TE is the superseeding part number for 5206 K6 as you are already aware,

I think they might have fobbed you off because they had it in stock and it will at least fit your car.

It doesnt look right to me it seems a bit thin but looks dont mean anything anymore.

idoari

can anyone check the diameter of the shock tube on the original 5206 K6?

mine is 46mm in the fat part and slightly over 40mm in the narrow side.

the length of the fat parts is 94mm and about 170mm from the top of the shock to the fat part.

Alan77

Sorry, can't help with the dimensions you ask for, but here's a pic of 5206TE for reference, which I put on my car a couple of years ago.

post-14615-0-23904000-1438161162_thumb.jpg

S@m

I can confirm that that is a correct part number change, it can be seen on parts letter LE-2014, but i suspect only dealers will have access to that.

Here is a small excerpt showing the Peugeot part change;

http://i.imgur.com/3DxX4M1.jpg

I should note that when a part number is changed in this way it doesn't necessarily mean it is a direct replacement, only that it will work/fit. The damping properties may be different to 5206TE.

farmer

Sam

Any Citroën dealers got the old numbers I forgot to check ?

Slo

I should note that when a part number is changed in this way it doesn't necessarily mean it is a direct replacement, only that it will work/fit. The damping properties may be different to 5206TE.

Spot on. Thats what I meant when I said it will at least fit.

welshpug

Citroen show 5206 TE for the zx Volcane and many Xsara's, the 16v (J4 and J4RS) used 5206 N0.

No superseding notes that I can see for the 5206 TE from citroen.

Edited by welshpug

idoari

The million dollars question is : is the new dumper will be the same as the old one in term of dumping?

welshpug

quite unlikely, I would send them back if at all possible.

there was a similar difference with the bilstein b4 dampers a few years ago, now rectified thankfully.

erbs

So would we need to go to Citroen for the dampers 5206TE?

m@ttc

Why go to Citroen and not Peugeot?

welshpug

they may have stock where Peugeot don't

m@ttc

Ok, it doesn't show nfp on service box, and I plan to buy some myself next week that's all.

erbs

Ok, it doesn't show nfp on service box, and I plan to buy some myself next week that's all.

are you going to peugeot or citroen for the dampers, let me know how much they are each when you do please

m@ttc

I plan on going to Peugeot

5206 TE £71.78 each.

erbs

they got to be better than the bilsteins, don't think you can beat oe parts, worth every penny.

thats where i'm off next week, to start collecting bits for my beam rebuild

can you still get the rubber mounts from peugeot still?? the squared sandwiched ones

Edited by erbs

Alan77

they got to be better than the bilsteins, don't think you can beat oe parts, worth every penny.

thats where i'm off next week, to start collecting bits for my beam rebuild

can you still get the rubber mounts from peugeot still?? the squared sandwiched ones

Enjoy getting beam parts without buying bags of multiples.

Febi sandwich mounts are only £6 each.

erbs

i spoke to a member on here who is going to do the rebuild for me, i just give hime my beam,it might come back with the sandwich mounts, if not will get the from peugeot,was seeing if they still do them

Alan77

i spoke to a member on here who is going to do the rebuild for me, i just give hime my beam,it might come back with the sandwich mounts, if not will get the from peugeot,was seeing if they still do them

Peugeot sandwich mounts still available, p/n 515110, £26.47 each. Are they 4 times better than a febi one? probably not imo.

m@ttc

image_zpspfqkxzqh.jpeg

Just had these come today under £19 for the four bushes, I thought I'd share them.

Anthony

Four? Should be six in total to do a complete beam... four of the smaller round bushes and two larger sandwich mounts

m@ttc

Well spotted Anthony, I need to go and buy another 2 small round ones don't I.