• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
theoilburner

Restoring Faded Interior Trim?

theoilburner

Hi all

Made the mistake of putting dash trims in the dishwasher, some have faded and look more grey than black :-(

Has anyone any tips on how to restore the colour - its P2 black interior trim

Thanks

dobboy

Have you got any pics?

Gtechnic do a thing called T1 which is meant to be good and fairly permanent, but i've never used it.

Auto Finesse Revive (which i've used) will darken them but i think is probably more suited to Ph1/1.5 plastics, depends how grey they've went. This stuff would also work well on black stuff that hadn't been dishwashered lol

Think you'd maybe be best just trying to replace them.

theoilburner

Hard to get a decent pic, I've ordered some plasti-care dye, hopefully it will dye it back to original colour and I only have to do the faded panels and not the whole dash!

Failing that rip it all out and track car it!

5E522159-572C-47B5-BC38-36C1B2FB2A0D_zps

A536D3C0-21C7-4AB7-8DF7-7205DE3CBDAC_zps

dobboy

I think the T1 would sort that out no problem. Even Revive would maybe disguise it.

theoilburner

Ok thanks I'll give it a go

Pugleyrich

I've put plasticare on most parts of my interior and it had worked well. Even put it on my door cards and was surprised at how well they came out.

SkyQuake

^ Seconded.

I did virtually my entire interior with plasticare, and it's come out a treat. The only thing I would say is that plasticare leaves a quite abrasive matt surface. It's not powdery, and it doesn't come off, but I found it a bit rough for an interior. All I did to solve it was spray the whole lot with a silicon dash board spray from Halfords (I think it was turtlewax brand). This gives a nice smooth satin finish and makes everything much nicer to the touch.

Cheers,

Mike

Hheppy

I've used the Autoglym bumper care stuff on door cards and dash bits and that does a good job too!

Telf

Plasticare is pretty durable- I reckon its your best bet- although it can scuff off if scratched or abraded.