• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lightflow

Parcel Shelf Bracket Rivets

lightflow

I just replaced my rear quarter panel boot/speaker trims with some new ones.

I found I had to drill out the rivets which hold on the parcel shelf brackets to get the old trims off. What a lovely design that is.... I have ordered some new replacement OEM rivets - they are still available - yes I'm sure a self tapper or nut and bolt will hold them but I wanted to get back to original. Anybody have any experience of fitting them - do they need a special gun to fit?

I will have about 16 spares if anyone wants some - I'll charge them at cost with free P&P.

Tom Fenton

If it's not too late cancel the rivets order! They are available I'm sure far cheaper than from Peugeot! eBay and search for pop rivets. Yes you will need a rivet gun (tool)

lightflow

Cheers Tom - they were pretty large Rivets and un-finshed end looked like 4 splayed fingers, almost like a four way split pin. So not a standard rivet as such. I wanted to re-create that if possible.

lightflow

Peel Dome Head Rivets, thanks! I may cancel the order then...

Tom Fenton

Seeing as you are having to buy 20, and knowing what Peugeot charge, personally for something no one will ever see, I'd be happy with any kind of pop rivet that will be a lot cheaper! I tend to use stainless just so they don't corrode and go furry but that's me.

Anthony

Another option if there's enough space/meat in the bracket is to fit a couple of M5(?) rivnuts and convert to the earlier style screwed on parcel shelf brackets, which makes removal and refitting a doddle.