• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Malc

Annoying Vibration Through Steering

Malc

My 205 has developed a vibration through the steering, it's not tyre/wheel weights missing as had this checked and I have three sets of wheels and it's the same whatever set is on, car was mot'd today and all okay on the suspension side, tonight I've checked subframe bolts, engine mounts, wishbone bolts and ball joints, even checked for oval hubs but their okay, steering rack and tie bars, anti roll bar bushes/bolts. Most of the mentioned is relatively new. The vibration only becomes noticeable around 60/70mph but doesn't get worse, even at (well let's just say wiper dancing speeds). Even changed driveshafts tonight just in case they were on their way out, anything I have missed or any suggestions?

dobboy

Gearbox mount/bracket, top mounts, shocker top nut? (Although think you'd get more of a clunk with them)

And as you've recently changed rack, is everything under the dash associated with column tight.

Does it vibrate at the same RPM every gear or just top gear at 60 onwards?