• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ALEX

Metal Water Pipe Nut Inserts

ALEX

Are these still available from Peugeot. I only need one for the pas bottle bracket. Chances are ill have to buy 100 or something for £50. Is there a cheaper alternative to fill the square hole in the chassis leg with a m6 nut without doing any welding.

welshpug

derrrr, which bit are you talking about? the metal water pipe, or the pas bottle?

Miles
rikky

Rivnut guns are the future

farmer

I have one here, they are NFP

FOC drop me a PM

The above covers the PAS lower L bracket for chassis leg location.

For the M6 inserts for the water pipe, those are still available and go up the range probably

Edited by farmer
  • Like 1

ALEX

Wow Thanks for the response chaps, wasn't expecting many replies.

Yeah its for the L shaped bracket under the Pas bottle that fixes to the opposite chassis leg to the metal water pipe. I assumed it would be the same insert to the metal water pipe as IIRC they are square holes too. I think the insert is a tapered round bar tapped M6 with a square recess to lock it in place)

I was thinking of using a Rivnut, as I can even borrow the tool from a friend, but I wasn't sure if it would work in a square hole as the rivnuts I can get are round.

Thanks for the offer Farmer, I can't expect you to send it for free.

If you have a Cooling loop for the PAS (rusty second hand will be fine, as long it isn't holed like mine is) maybe you could put a bundle together, just name your price.

farmer

By cooling loop you mean low pressure power steering pipe, or is it a rubber hose ?

I have some M6 water pipe inner wing inserts kicking about as well, maybe some photos of each part will help ?

ALEX

The long p shaped metal return pipe that clips to the underside of the body. I have all the rubber hoses that are attached to it and the metal high pressure pipe to the pump.

I bought a full system set up off ebay to replace my non PAS Cti rack. but the (cooling pipe?) I received has hole in it, I tried bending one, but it looks terrible.

I'm also missing the heat shield that clips to the rack and the RAM. The manual one only has one clip and is too short now as it needs to bridge the ram.

I'll have to sort pictures out when I get home.

Alex

farmer

I think I have a new heat shield, I think Tom makes them too

ALEX

Is the PAS heat shield different to the manual one. I think I remember it having 2 clips on it, one for the rack and one for the ram.

The one on Toms site only shows one clip, assuming its just for the manual rack - which I have and I cant seem to get it to fit on as the ram is in the way,