• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gizzmo

S16 Brake Pads And Disks

gizzmo

Any one recommend a good road set up and suppliers , struggling a bit also think they calipers are lucas by looking at them pads

welshpug

some standard good pads like Ferodo premier or light fast road DS2500 should suffice as you will ahev more leverage than the standard disc, though mugh less unsprung and rotational weight than a gti6 setup.

Personally I have found that proper o.e.m boxed pads are often sufficient on the road, so have a look on servicebox then pop the part number into ebay, you often find them cheap there.

Try KAM racing for pads, or your local mootorfactors, discs from a factors will suffice.

Edited by welshpug

S@m

I used 306 S16 girling calipers on my 205 and my 306, with mintex 1155's and 266mm brembo discs, i was very happy with the braking performance.

Make sure you check which pad you need carefully as there are a few similar types, the s16 can be a bit of a minefield. Mine were the same as 405 mi16 pads.

Miles

S16 are the same as the 405 Mi phase 1 and 2, pads smaller than the 205 of all thing's, Can get these or could no hassle in Mintex ranges

RossD

Personally I have found that proper o.e.m boxed pads are often sufficient on the road, so have a look on servicebox then pop the part number into ebay, you often find them cheap there.

Ditto! I've found genuine Pug pads to actually be better than any of the aftermarket stuff, even the 'premium' branded stuff. (Not including uprated compounds like 1144, DS2500 etc here mind) I'm running genuine Peugeot pads (Picked up for 8 quid on ebay) on the front of my 205 and they didnt even smell or fade on my last Brands trackday - That's coming down from 115mph on the pit straight and then from 80mph to 40mph for the subsequent corners. They held up for lap after lap after lap. All on 247mm vented discs with ATE calipers.

I have found the same on the front of my 406, I tried Pagid and Mintex aftermarket pads on the front of that and they all overheat and fade with 2 hard stops from motorway speeds. Now got Genuine Peugeot pads (made by Galfer I think) and the problem has gone away.

Looking at Servicebox, Peugeot also seem to specify different compounds for the same type of pad. The 406 pads have 2 different part numbers for the 283mm Lucas calipers, one for the 2.0 and HDi models and another for the sportier 2.2 and V6 cars. I've found the same for the 306 stuff too.

gizzmo

Thanks for all the information I think the oem set up is their way forward,I think I'll pop a pad out to take with me as a comparison