• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
martinh

Steering Rack Pictures

martinh

Can anyone who has fitted a xsara vts rack and retained the power steering post a picture of the pipe work routing please.

Thanks

Martin

Anthony

Routing for the VTS rack should be no different to any other PAS rack for a given engine - it's the pipes rather than the rack which determines pipe routing/positioning.

What engine do you have?

martinh

Will be a gti6 engine mate, I know the pipe with the sensor in comes under the sump and straight up on to the pump but can't remember how the other one goes!

j_turnell

Are you using the 306 reservoir on the drivers inner wing? Bottom of the bottle goes to the top of the pump. You can rotate the outlet on the pump so it faces the bottle. I've routed my low pressure pipe up by the fuel filter, under the engine mount and into the top outlet.

martinh

Thanks for the replies. Did you use all the standard vts pipe work mate? And yes I am using the 306 reservoir on the drivers inner wing!

Anthony

306 HP pipe comes from rack, along front of subframe and then flexi loops 180 degrees to underside of sump. You'll ideally want a simple bracket of sorts to secure pipe to front of subframe to prevent it fatiguing through vibration

j_turnell

As Anthony mentions it does need a bracket. I drilled through the subframe and used an old steering rack subframe spacer and a long m10 nut and bolt. Worked perfectly. You can use the bracket that's already wound around the pipe.

James_K

For the return pipe, the hard piping sends it back towards the gear linkage pivot in a sort of u bend before going back up the drivers side of the engine.

I cut out the u bend to avoid it fouling the pivot and sent it straight up past the mc to the reservoir.