• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ant*k

Dimma Conversion

Ant*k

So my car Gos into terry Pankhurst at dimma on Sunday the 21st for a full dimma conversion

It will be number 2 in his signature series he is currently doing

Once work starts I will add some pictures of the build at the start during and after its finished for you all to see

dcc

When you say signature series...

What 'spec' will that be?

Engine standard? What wheels, suspension, rear beam, interior?

omega

didn't know this was possible

will watch with intrest

Ant*k

Dimma only ever did bodywork, engine was done by turbo technics and interior was always left standard when done new

The car had already had a interior re trim to full grey leather and most of the interior parts changed for new

The engine has been rebuilt and is a standard 1.9 gti

Brake overhaul, new driveshafts, fuel lines etc will all be changed

But as for the bodywork which terry will be doing using a new dimma kit ordered from the factory in Belgium he will fit it as he did back in the 90's and it will receive a plaque from dimma and also a signature plaque from terry

It's a full kit, bumpers, front wings, rear quarter panels, tailgate panel, spoiler and a full respray followed by a set of genuine dimma wheels

Juttie205

welcome ant didnt know you was on this forum.

• Like 1

Henry Yorke

Dimma only ever did bodywork, engine was done by turbo technics and interior was always left standard when done new

A lot of Dimmas had retrimmed leather interiors with "Dimma Design" printed / embroided into them. I know the 309 Mix4 had and James_S's CTI Dimmas has it and I've seen a few other cream ones over the years

post-3457-0-78621000-1434321560_thumb.jpg

post-3457-0-37868600-1434321617.jpg

post-3457-0-00707200-1434321679_thumb.jpg

post-3457-0-41342000-1434321950_thumb.jpg

The did engine conversions too, usually 16V ones or fitted carbs etc, but did outsource the turboing to Turbo Technics

Ant*k

Terry only ever did the body kits on them everything else that was done was sent to different company's

Hheppy

How is this coming along Ant?

been looking at getting this done with my 205, have you any pics of the finished article?

cheers,

Andrew

Juttie205

his is finished and he is using it now will be at the nec next month.

Hheppy

I've found a few pics of it Justin, it looks awesome, might try and get to the NEC for a look

Juttie205

i took him to pick it up and im doing some work on it in a couple of weeks for him then sometime next year im rebuilding engine and gearbox for him.

• Like 1

Hheppy

The pictures looks great, is it as awesome as it looks?

Juttie205

its a very clean car and has been done well there are a few bits i would have done differently but thats because i can compare to my dimma project.

Juttie205

whys its shocking? like i said its a lovely car just a few bits have been done different on my car which i prefer but theyvare very suttle things that people wont necessarily see unless pointed out.

Hheppy

I was being sarcastic, sorry if you took it the wrong way, no offence meant whatsoever.

regards,

Andrew