• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
erbs

Drum Backplate

erbs

I take it these are no longer available, where do we go when they finally rot out?

acox99

Xsara picassos where they the same rear drums?

erbs

I don't know,maybe someone can clarify this.

welshpug

no, xsara picasso had very big drums. 50.5x228mm

not yet seen a drum backplate on a pug rust out totally, blast and zinc plate then paint or powdercoat will have them like new if there's not too much wear on the contact points, even then, a bit of weld laid down and dressed back will fix them.

the gti backplate is specific to the 205 as far as I know, a search on servicebox will clarify, may have been used on a 309, its a girling non compensator type assembly with 40x180mm drums, wher the base model is bendix with a pressure limiter and 30x180mm drums.

Edited by welshpug

Tom Fenton

One of mine had a rot spot, there is a ledge on the back where s*ite can build up and rot them. I blasted them then ground it up welded it then dressed it back. Had them plated then bolted them to the trailing arm and had the lot powder coated. Should last for years to come now, and you would not know it has been repaired.