• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jackmorris

Spring+Damper Setup

jackmorris

Hi, I'm currently looking at getting on with a tu5j4 swap into my XE, and had a couple questions regarding suspension. I'm fairly set on gti spec bilstein b4s all round with a 1.6 rear beam, but as for springs would you guys recommend gti spec springs over tu? I'm thinking gti makes more sense as I'm guessing the tu5j4 weighs as much if not more than the xu engines. Any thoughts? Leaning towards eibach springs by the way.

camgti

Standard gti front and back. If you can get a gti subframe on there would be good.

If you wanted you could reset the front springs by 30mm if you wanted. Going to Eibacks will spoil it a little imo. Unless you run a thicker arb.

Cam

jackmorris

My thoughts exactly, will be modifying a gti subframe to match a tu engine when i do the swap so gti all round it is!

Not 100% sure what i'll do springs/damper wise. I may have the opportunity of getting some second hand koni adjustables with springs so may start there and change if needed.