• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scbond

Heater Blower Issue

scbond

My heater blower has suddenly stopped working on the half-speed setting...anything above that on the dial slowly builds up to full.

I removed the speed control resistor, replaced the resistor with the same one as in Ryan's guide in the articles section of the main site, desoldered and removed the earth arm and soldered a wire in its place which runs to a ring connector at the top of the resistor (where the top fixing rivet was), again, as per the guide.

Plugged it in to test it and the issue remains. Tried searching but couldn't find anything specific :( I also tried removing the ring connector and attaching it to the heatsink directly but no change.

Only additional info I have was that I had a physically damaged heater control unit and had that plugged in with the cables not attached so the fan would work until I replaced it, which I have done. When I had the old one plugged in and set to full (cables were set by hand to match) the fan occasionally made squeaking noises, especially when turning it off...but I put that down to having it plugged in and altering the setting without altering the cables. The new unit has been working fine as far as I know.

Any ideas?

dcc

Could be the switch or motor

scbond

Which switch? Where is it and can I test it?

Pretty sure the motor is working fine as it works on full.