• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Maccer

Colour Questions - Rear Beam Parts And Underbody

Maccer

Hi all,

I'm re-furbing my rear axle and removing rust / repainting the underside of the rear of the car and there are a few parts where there is no original paint left or the colours may have aged. I wonder if anyone can confirm what the original colouring of a few bits would have been;

Axle

Rear suspension crossmembers - have done these silver

Brake pipe brackets for the rear beam (the solid pipes clip into these on the sides of the trailing arms) - these had a bit of gold underneath where the washers sat but can't work out if this is original for the part or transferred from the washers?

Beam tube clamp for petrol tank strap - this had a bit of dark green on the underside

Anti roll bar lever ends - these look like they could have been gold in a few pics I've seen of other beams?

Underbody

Mine is body colour in the wheel arches - OK but then looks like a cream/white on the inner edges of the rear chassis legs, and the stonechip on the boot floor is a light green colour. Would the whole underbody have been white to begin with?

Cheers

dobboy

Mines in a white F plate, all of my underbody is white with the exception of my boot floor which i think is grey, all looks original.