• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jimmi

106 Cup Car Proflex Suspension And Ap Four Pots Onto 205 Gti

jimmi

Could Proflex 106 Cup car front suspension be modified to suit 205 GTI set-up ? Also would 106 Cup car front AP 4-pots /Discs fit 205 GTI set-up or are modifiactions required ? .... I've been offerred these parts at reasonable money and have to make decision within 48 hrs

welshpug

106 struts wont fit, however it depends if they are an inverted 40mm bilstein insert or standard insert type, if the former then you can swap them into some 205 lower legs which are available from Bilstein, being proflex its quite likely they'll be an inverted 40mm insert, you will need a different top mounting plate.

the cup car AP Calipers will fit straight onto a 205 hub but will need a custom alloy belled disc, the specification of which Mike Nash at 106maxi.co.uk has sorted out, as they are identical to what is needed in a non Cup hubbed 106.

from what I can gather of the specifications on the internet of the Cup Car discs, it appears that the 106 cup car drive flanges are 205 1.6 gti items, as they are a taller offset than the standard 106 item, which is identical to a base model 205, i.e exactly the same part number and wheel bearing, same 247mm solid disc.

basically, if you have 1.6 hubs, I would try the cup car disc, see if they actually do bolt up, though they are staggeringly expensive for a cast single piece disc.

• Like 1

hudson

Discs arnt as dear as you may think these days just bought a set £173.60 a pair from Questmead will need a slight bit turning out of centre to fit just done the same on mine fitted to 1900 hubs

welshpug

£173.60 not dear?! :lol:

• Like 1

jimmi

Thanks Welshpug.

Hudson- Have I read this correctly... you have fitted 106 cup car AP 4pots and one piece vented discs directly to 205 1.9 gti with only minor machining of disc centre bore required ?

hudson

Sorry mate just seen this post now yes fitted above with a bit of machining and fiddling and yes welshpug I didn't think they where dear at that for a quality item that's including vat so around 60 each not bad when a set of pads can be 150 plus

jimmi

Should have asked when I started this thread - will 106 cup car rear Proflex dampers fit 205gti ?

And

The bolts are the same size and I think that is the only thing that would as the lengths are to short from memory, think from the top of my head my rear reigers are 325mm open bolt centre to bolt centre. If they are the correct length then new rise joint spacers could be made to sute or proflex could supply the 205 ones but like I say I am sure the lengths is wrong.

Edited by And

jimmi

The bolts are the same size and I think that is the only thing that would as the lengths are to short from memory, think from the top of my head my rear reigers are 325mm open bolt centre to bolt centre. If they are the correct length then new rise joint spacers could be made to sute or proflex could supply the 205 ones but like I say I am sure the lengths is wrong.

Thanks for that Andrew. I made a call to Proflex - you're correct 106 dampers are shorter