• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
markw

Rear Beam What Am I Doing Wrong?

markw

I can't get the rear ARB to fit without jacking up one of the trailing arms,

I've set the TB and ride height correct with my dummy damper, but I can't get the

ARB bracket in the last side to bolt into the arm without jacking up the arm, it's only

About 5mm out, but affects the ride height when you jack the arm up

What am I doing wrong??

welshpug

Did you remove both end plates from the ARB?

one end of the arb has a notch which you align with the bolt hole and draw in fully, fit the arb in from the left side and fit the remaining lever, should be close then.

if youve had the beam brackets off one might be sitting higher than the other which will throw out the trailing arm droop.

markw

WP, yes I have had both the ARB brackets off, and I fitted it from the right hand side if it makes a difference, are to two brackets the same they look like they are to me.

welshpug

no, one side has two more splines.

markw

Cheers WP all done now, don't know what I did wrong part from fitting it to the drivers side first???

welshpug

due to the differing spline count if you get the left side end plate on wrong the right side wont line up.

mowflow

Bugger! Wish I'd seen this 2 days ago when I put my beam together. Figured the arb would be one of the few simple things. Knew nothing about not he's and lining things up.

The bolt holes on my end plates don't line up perfectly but they are close enough that I can do one finger tight and push the other to line up just using my thumb. I'm guessing that still means I'm better taking the bugger out again and doing it as described here so I know for certain its right.