• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
m@ttc

How To Distinguish Looms Between Models?

m@ttc

Hi all. I've had all the wiring for my project stolen from out of my shed. I had previously done repairs to the looms which had taken me a very long time

I have been on the lookout for some replacement looms, and think i may have found some. Problem is the seller has many looms as he has broken many 205's, and is not sure which ones are for my car, neither do i know how to describe them as i have no idea of the differences between 1.6 and 1.9 gti's phase 1, 2, etc.. is there a easy way i can describe to him what to look for?

Also is there any wiring harnesses i can get from other models of 205, so i can broaden my search, like interior courtesy light, or rear lighting harness?

iv'e had a post in the wanted section since they went missing if anybody on here can help.

my cars a 1990 phase 2, 1.9 gti.

many thanks Matt.

welshpug

specifically there is no difference at all between a 1.6 and 1.9 of a given age, its all in the components plugged into them (of which most are also the same)

being a 1990 phase2 you probably have the coil on the inlet manifold, and the ignition amplifier on the right hand strut top, so you need to look for a wiring loom with the plugs situated appropriately.

m@ttc

thanks welshpug that helps loads.

as its not just the engine looms i need can i get the rest from another model? i had most of it stolen all i have for the car is the tailgate loom, half of dash loom (the one with the stereo plug i have), (ecu loom tachy etc missing) and the ones in the doors all else i need to find, oh i have one driving light cable aswell :lol: so if i can get any from base models that would help lots as there's many being broken on ebay.

Mattr5uk

Ive still got a box full of loom from a phase 2 1.6 I broke if its any good for you.

The instrument cluster looms unmolested, I can dig it out thee rest of it and have a look drop me a pm if its any interest for you.

m@ttc

You have a PM .