• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Phil Gti

Heater Matrix Cable Routing

Phil Gti

I have tried searching Google and the forum but no luck, I am stuck. Finally putting my 205 back together and I am having difficulty getting the heater vent controls to work. I have put the dash and heater unit back in along with all the wiring loom. When I screwed the heater controls panel to the dash and turn the knob airflow doesn't change, just coming out of the windscreen. The cables are connected but I think there must be a way to route them behind the dash to keep tension in the cable. It has been so long since I took it apart I can't remember : ( Does anyone have any photo's or want to help me pls. A suitable reward (beer tokens / parts / or help) is on offer, I am near Brands Hatch. Trying to get this job sorted so I can finish the interior and then I can fire the engine up for the first time, then off to paint ready for the summer.

mrfirepro

Hi Phil,

I'm not too far from you (Nr Paddock wood) and have a donor car with it all in place (dash removed), if you want to come and have a look, alternatively let me know and I'll try and take some photos.

• Like 1

Phil Gti

All sorted and working perfectly, interior is now finished. Time to get the engine started for the first time. Cheers for your help

mrfirepro

that's great, let me know how you get on with sorting the engine out