• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jameswallace.

Gti 6 Rear Set Up

jameswallace.

I recently got told that if you run a rear gti6 hub and brake set up it will add 15mm to the rear track

Is this correct?

If so exactly what would I need?

And does anyone run this set up and can shed some light on their experience with it?

Mattr5uk

I think it's more the 306 trailing arms which make the difference I've fitted the complete 306gti rear arm and brakes etc my axle certainly gives wider track not sure on the camber difference though, I'm sure someone else can fill in them specifics.

Not sure you can fit hub/brake arrangement without the arms?

jameswallace.

I thought that using the trailing arms gave you a bit if camber but the track width was decided on the hubs. But again that's just what I've heard and haven't had any experience either way

Tom Fenton

Yes the 306 stuff is wider, the width difference is in the stub axle spacer and the rear hub/brg.

It's all interchangeable with whichever trailing arm be it 205/309/306/ZX/Xsara.

You would need the stub axle, spacer, hub/brg, caliper bracket, and brake disc.

jameswallace.

Okay awesome thanks tom! So just about everything

Il have to keep my eye out for an old beam had one on a car a scrapped latest year :/ wish I knew more then

welshpug

The caliper bracket from an ABS car may not fit some beams without a little fettling of the centre bore as they are located on this rather than loosely on the 4 M8 bolts, most likely due to the ABS sensor needing an accurate position.

• Like 1

dynacord

Here's a picture of mine with 306 trailing arms, noticeable camber increase, think there was a detailed info about all trailing arms and their camber settings (zx, xsara, 306, etc):

http://peugeotclub.info/forum/download/file.php?id=85849

It's with ET10 wheels, sold them as they left the car with no arches because of rubbing :(

Think it's 9mm difference per side.