• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dobboy

Car Drifting To The Right

dobboy

Had my tracking done yesterday, checked tyre pressures (new tyres) a week ago, but still feel the car wants drift to the right if i don't hold the steering wheel.

New wishbones, shocks, mounts etc fitted recently.

Any ideas?

TIA

stu8v

Rear beam will be in on the piss.

4 wheel alignment will tell you how much, post up the print out.

Edited by stu8v

dobboy

Ah, well funnily enough, i recently changed the rear beam mounts, with my old set up (205 bones, OE rear mounts) it drove in a straight line fine.

I also changed the rack too recently.

dobboy

I've booked a track day for sunday, so i'd be cutting it neat getting it aligned properly for then. But, do you think if i slacken off everything in the boot and push or pull the beam so the threads of the fixing bolts are hard against the metalwork it would take it to closer to what it should be?

PhilNW

Make sure you have the rear mounts the right way round, they are offset (from bitter experience!!)

Paul_13

Have they actually centralised the rack first and then tracked it?

Malc

Dobboy, be careful at knockhill tomorrow if your car car is still drifting right, it's a reverse direction trackday, you may end up in the gravel traps more than usual!!!

dobboy

Yeah i'm sure the mounts are on correctly.

I centralised the rack by counting the turns etc, fairly sure it's very near central.

I spoke to the guy who re-done tracking, he told me to swap the front and back tyres which i've done, but not had a chance to see if it's made any difference.

Also checked tyre pressure today and they're fine.

I'll get the geo checked out when i get a chance, my beam is also refurb'd a year ago so i'm confident that's ok too.

Yeah Malc i'm just gonna start off easy tomorrow and see how it goes, hopefully there will be no reportable incidents! Watched a few vids of it done backwards, looks good.

dobboy

Well believe it or not the drifting has stopped since swapping the wheels over.