• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rex

Front And Rear Bumpers

rex

Hi all,

Been years since I posted. I have nearly finsished a bare shell restoration of a 205 GTi I've owned since 1998 - only to find the painters had poorly stored the perfect bumpers I had (front and rear) are now scratched to hell and they've lost the red centre trim for both elements. Aaaagggghhh!!! :angry:

I wouldn't normally be so anal but I'm using a brand new Peugeot arch trim and badges (dark grey) that I've been hoarding for over ten years and want this one perfect as it's the one and only keeper.

What are my options for purchasing new, quality bumpers avoiding the ridiculously high-priced ones from Peugeot France?

Thanks

Rock Lobster

How much are the originals? If you have nearly finished it would be a shame to fit aftermarket plastic ones?

Is there now way you can get them repaired?

rex

They've tried painting them several times, none of the results please me. The originals are on back order...and expensive.

farmer

You cant get them new from Peugeot anymore the bumper.

I have some rears and front ones I may be willing to sell

rex

Peugeot France claim to be supplying me a new pair. I had window rubbers on back order for six months they turned up last week....

You have front and rear OEM bumpers new for sale?

farmer

The GTI front and rear bumpers are not available in the UK to order from Peugeot.

Yes I may have

tartanbloke

Watch the bidding war start!!!!

farmer

I wouldn't had thought so when pattern are available

rex

You may be willing to sell bumpers that you might perhaps have?

Sir, even for a farmer ye be coy,and I'm originally from North Yorkshire:) This might be harder than getting a French bird into bed on the frst date.

On the off chance you may have them, how much might they be?

• Like 1

farmer

The rears are still in the Robins and Day Manchester's branches loft, so they are not with me yet.

They would be black in colour.

Let me make some enquires, I want to make sure I could replace the potential front bumper sale

Need to ask an Italian a price

rex

No worries black is no good. I wanted black to be honest all round but the arch and boot and 1.9 GTi side trims I have brand new are dark grey and even back then they were no longer available from Peugot France.

Thanks anyway :)

farmer

I do have grey but need to keep hold of those for my car for sure

rex

I'm pretty sure Peugeot will come up with the goods here they're just expensive. I'll report back if anyone's interested. Back when I used to fix damaged ones in the late nineties new pattern bumpers could be had for £7!!

Rock Lobster

I'm interested if genuine ones are available, it hard work trying to get hold of genuine items now!

farmer

Huw

Will drop you an email over the weekend

Rock Lobster

Thanks buddy, always appreciated!

tartanbloke

I wouldn't had thought so when pattern are available

Not necessarily, I would rather spend more on original items that will fit great than pattern ones that may need a little persuasion to look good. Also, these cars are becoming more sought after in original nick with provinence of bills to prove it has been looked after.

Nothing says this better than the owner paying top price for original and quality parts. Well, that's my thoughts anyway.

Rock Lobster

Second that mate

sp_en_ny

Hi Rex,

How did you contact Peugeot France to order parts ? I have been trying to track down new window rubbers for my CTI as the current ones have severely shrunk. Care to share their contact details so I can give it a try please.

rex

Hi Rex,

How did you contact Peugeot France to order parts ? I have been trying to track down new window rubbers for my CTI as the current ones have severely shrunk. Care to share their contact details so I can give it a try please.

Hello,

I'm in the trade here so I'm just using my local Peugeot dealer. You're welcome to his number but he doesn't speak English - if not tell me what you're after exactly (OEM part numbers would eliminate all confusion in translation) and I'll find out.

He keeps coming up trumps with parts that supposedly are no longer available but it can be a six month wait.... cheers

sp_en_ny

Hi Rex,

Unfortunately I don't have any part numbers, they are quite easy to explain or I could take a photo of the parts if that helps. Failing that where would be the best place for me to get the part number from ? I guess that would be walking into my local dealer ? Basically all I am after is the window seals/scrapers both front passenger and drivers side for a CTI not GTI !

welshpug

servicebox has the answers :)

as for your dealer, depends how good they are.

• Like 1

sp_en_ny

Thanks everyone, what a damn useful site. The part numbers I need are 9309 71 (left exterior weatherstrip) and 9310 70 (Right window exterior weatherstrip)

farmer

9310 70 I can grab in Italy at a dealer am dealing with.

As long as she has it