• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Simon a

New Bumpers

Simon a

Anyone know where any bumpers are available, don't mind non genuine as long as the fit is OK.

Tried the usual gsf, euro car parts and imperial in Doncaster, only gsf came up with the rear but they won't take payment over the phone and it's an hour away to Lincoln so would be two trips.

Cheers

Simon

tonyb

Dont know how well they fit but neat car parts have them.

Miles

Peugeot still sell them, around £150.00 per end

Simon a

Just spotted neat ones on eBay, might go for them

Has anyone tried one?

farmer

Both Peugeot bumpers direct from them are no longer sold.

AlexRS2782

I've got one of the aftermarket ones on the front of my 205 that has the glossy / rounded off red trim in it. Been on the car for the best part of 5+ years now and it's only recently started fading very slightly in one area, but that's easily sorted with a coat of the bumper care sort of stuff. Not bad considering it only cost me about £30 all those years ago.

Fitment is decent (on mine anyway) with no noticeable difference to oe with regards to panel spacing, etc, and the fixings have held up very well since fitting. I did trial fit the oe red trim into the bumper and it fitted fine although I elected to leave the aftermarket one in place in the end due to the ever increasing cost of decent oe red trims.

jamie_1992

I've got one of the aftermarket ones on the front of my 205 that has the glossy / rounded off red trim in it. Been on the car for the best part of 5+ years now and it's only recently started fading very slightly in one area, but that's easily sorted with a coat of the bumper care sort of stuff. Not bad considering it only cost me about £30 all those years ago.

Fitment is decent (on mine anyway) with no noticeable difference to oe with regards to panel spacing, etc, and the fixings have held up very well since fitting. I did trial fit the oe red trim into the bumper and it fitted fine although I elected to leave the aftermarket one in place in the end due to the ever increasing cost of decent oe red trims.

well i do need new red trim for mine just not sure if it will look out of place with the other trim

dont suppose you have a pic of it fitted

AlexRS2782

well i do need new red trim for mine just not sure if it will look out of place with the other trim

dont suppose you have a pic of it fitted

TBH the aftermarket trim will be noticeable vs the oe trim, but that's mainly due to the glossy / shiny look vs the oe flat / matte look. It used to bother me but after a while I learnt to live with it as the paintwork on mine has seen better days so I decided to put the £££ into the mechanicals up until I can afford / need to sort the exterior back to OE.

This is the best pic I could find in my photobucket that shows the car with a part front / part side profile showing the difference:

Pug205Gti91A.jpg

Or this one as a close up of the front - worth noting that it's the lower front bumper that sits a bit lopsided in this pic:

Pug205Gti89A.jpg

Also found this one which was a close up on my Morette headlight but it does a good job of showing a better pic of the red trim profile / finish:

Pug205Gti80.jpg

dobboy

Try hadrian panels, only thing is the bumpers are plastic rather than the fibreglass stuff, but look reasonable. If you struggle i have one i bought and never used, think it's a front. Also have fairly decent spare OE red trim too, maybe clips as well, and new OE buffers, and new bolts!

Simon a

Thanks for the replies, I'll give Hadrian panels a go, hopefully get something sorted.

It's grey ones I'm after as it looks like black on alex's pics, I can source black ones locally but seems the grey is more difficult

S@m

The rear bumper is still available from Peugeot, its about £105 full retail.

I bought one about 2 months ago, off the top of my head i think its 7410.99

farmer

Check Polaris Sam, NFP I was told from two dealers

farmer

The rear bumper was a strange one they discontinued it then brought it back from NFP status, then discontinued it again, I bought 6 at the time for myself and a few others

S@m

It did take about a month to arrive, guess it must've been one of the last.

Still not showing NFP on servicebox though, sadly i am no longer able to check Polaris/Speeder for Peugeot specific parts.

farmer

Yeah,mine took 6 weeks to arrive.

Simon a

That's not too bad for a genuine one might have to try the dealers

dobboy

The one i have is Ph1/1.5

Simon a

How much you asking for it delivered might be interested

• Like 1

dobboy

Just whatever they cost and a little bit for wrapping it up, plus whatever it costs to deliver.

I'll have a look at it next chance i get.

Simon a

I'll get some ordered from that site and see what they're like, thanks for the link.

dobboy

yeah, i'd order 1 to begin with and see what you think.

Ant*k

I got a genuine phase 2 black rear bumper new for sale

John_B

I'll get some ordered from that site and see what they're like, thanks for the link.

Did you get them Simon? What are they like?