• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alan77

Tensile Strength Of Beam Mounting Bracket Bolts

Alan77

Hi guys,

as above really, does anyone know the tensile strength of the M12 x 1.25 x 100mm and M12 x 1.25 x 65mm mount bracket bolts and the M14 x 1.50 x 118mm lower shock bolt on a rear beam?

Cheers.

Tom Fenton

I am guessing you are wanting to replace for new but not from the main dealer. You'll find it hard to get the fine pitch and lengths you want, they are available but not in plated finish. So your choices are to buy black finish (bare steel) and get them plated yourself, OR suck it up and buy from the dealer.

Alan77

Correct Tom, the M12 bolts are on ebay, fine pitch and can be bought in multiples of two, theyre zinc plated but only 8.8, so wondering if they're man enough. The lower shock bolt is harder to find and are NFP from pug. The M12's are still available from Peugeot. My best mates brother in law has a fasteners shop, so i'm researching info to see if he can sort me out...

Miles

You sure about Pug, Just looked and are available

522432 & 352246

Alan77

Ok thanks Miles. Maybe I can get them in the right quantities. Lately my parts man is becoming increasingly arsey about buying whole bags of things...

Ryan

The originals were grade 8.8 on both the beams I've stripped, so that should be fine.

mowflow

Late reply but the M12 bolts along with a few other sizes in various lengths are available in 2 fine pitch sizes in the correct yellow zinc finish from a company called Namrick. They have a website that you can order through. They also supply Nyloc nuts in the correct yellow zinc coating. I didn't find anywhere that did the M14 bolt but if you need to you can get bright zinc bolts in the same size easy enough.

I bought replacements for everything but also had all my original bolts refinished. I replaced all the nuts with new yellow or bright zinc and replaced all the washers.

Alan77

Cheers Paul, all sorted now via a combination of Peugeot and ebay. Washers, nylocs and bolts all replaced and ready to refit. Just need to crack on and rebuild the beam...

Tom Fenton

I use stainless washers when I build them. Stainless fasteners aren't good in loaded applications but the washers are in compression and are fine, just one less thing to be able to corrode!

Alan77

Yep Tom, stainless washers used.